Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

texas

Weight Gain

I have gained 15 lbs. since I have been diagnosed. How do you off set the weight gain? I am excercisng and don't use the gluten-free junk foods. Just rely naturally gluten-free foods for my diet, Will this weight gain subside?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Try using coconut oil for cooking and also for spreads. It revs up the metabolism and assists the thyroid.

And.....have you had your thyroid tested? A low thyroid can keep you heavy no matter what you do.

When I was heavy years ago....2 things kept me that way.....dairy and sugar. If I wanted to lose weight, I just cut those out and nothing else. Worked like a charm every time. You may have foods that are preventing you from losing weight.

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

It might be because you're getting a normal appetite back. have you been watching your portion size? I actually had a reverse reaction...I gained weight when I ate gluten and I lost weight once I became gluten-free. Everytime I would eat somethign with gluten, I would get full real fast, then an hour later I would be hungry and eating again. 1/4 serving of pasta would fill me up back in the day.....and I would eat so often I ended up eating about 2-3 servings once the day was over. Now I'm eating only one serving of gluten-free pasta and that's doing it for me. Again, it's probably just because you have your appetite back and are starting to eat a little more.

Jami