Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasCeliacBuckeye

Dinner At Carrabas

Hey,

Just had dinner at Carrabas last night

http://www.carrabas.com/menu/pdf/GFmenu.pdf

I had

1. Mama's Chicken Soup (no pasta)

2. Cesar Salad (no croutons. dressing on the side, extra parmesan)

3. Pollo Rosa Maria (chiken dish stuffed with provolone, prosciutto and covered in a lemon basil butter sauce (yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

All of this for $19.00

I highly recommend Carrabas (ask for the gluten free menu from the waitress, follow the directions on the menu, then enjoy your gluten-free meal!)

Bronco

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have enjoyed Carrabas gluten free menu, but do not have the garlic potatos! They assured the ingredients for the potatos were gluten free, but I had the gluten reaction. There is too much cross contamination risk. Go for the steamed vegetables instead.

Laura

I have been eating at Carrabbas on a regular basis but I had a bad experience the last time I went. I got the Mama Maria's chicken soup and asked for no pasta. I checked through it before eating it and didn't see any. Then after my 3rd spoonful I found a small piece of pasta. The manager apologized but that was it. I actually wrote an email to Carrabbas telling them that if they are going to offer the soup on the gluten free menu that they have to be extremely careful in the kitchen and make sure everything is separate. The manager said he will discuss this with the kitchen staff to make sure that everyone is knowledgable about the disease and that it won't happen again. They also sent me a $45 gift certificate.

What a shame! At least they gave you a GC.

Oh well, the way I look at it, we have to deal with "humans", so they are going to make mistakes -- we just have to frequent the ones who make less mistakes than others.

In any event, I do love their food. Especially for the money.

I also love that soup....I hope I never find pasta in mine :(