purplelion

My Taste Has Come Alive!

Rate this topic

Hi there everyone :)

I have been Gluten and Dairy intolerant for as long as I can remember. I found out recently that it is a family thing. I haven't known what was wrong with me, and the doctors didn't know also B)

My Natropath helped me face the truth and I have been Gluten / Dairy / Soy free for about 4 months now.

I have noticed that I am REALLY tasting my food now. Some pleasant, some unpleasent. Before chicken was very bland and now it is really chookie and is always a shock. I often can't eat it as it is so strong to me. My husband still eats it so it can't be the chicken <_< Before I ate a lot of chicken. The taste of beef and pork has also changed but not as much as the chicken.

Has this happened to anyone else? I welcome your input.

Kind Regards,

purplelion :)

I noticed that too, specifically with chicken. I used to think it was so boring and had to be smothered in something, but now I just eat it by itself and it seems to be bursting with flavour. Glad I'm not the only one lol

Hi there everyone :)

I have been Gluten and Dairy intolerant for as long as I can remember. I found out recently that it is a family thing. I haven't known what was wrong with me, and the doctors didn't know also B)

My Natropath helped me face the truth and I have been Gluten / Dairy / Soy free for about 4 months now.

I have noticed that I am REALLY tasting my food now. Some pleasant, some unpleasent. Before chicken was very bland and now it is really chookie and is always a shock. I often can't eat it as it is so strong to me. My husband still eats it so it can't be the chicken <_< Before I ate a lot of chicken. The taste of beef and pork has also changed but not as much as the chicken.

Has this happened to anyone else? I welcome your input.

Kind Regards,

purplelion :)

I have noticed that some foods seem too flavorful for me now. I think in my case it's because I have reduced my nasal congestion and post nasal drip so much. On the gluten-free diet, I'm about 60% less congested. I think I'm smelling food more as I chew it and that enhances the taste.

Yep, i've been gluten free for nearly a year, but only recently dairy free. I noticed that my sense of smell has suddenly gotten keener. And foods are more flavorful. Things like pineapple are almost TOO sweet or flavorful.