jasonD2

My List Of Ailments Has Just Increased..again

Rate this topic

I am going to an oral pathologist next week because i think i have lichen planus. 2 weeks ago i had a bad stinging pain which i thought was just a canker sore, but it later turned into a much larger inflammation and it hasnt gotten better, even though the pain has subsided. If i am diagnosed with this now i have to worry about developing oral cancer because from what i hear its like chrohn's disease of the mouth. so here's my list:

1. IBS-C

2. Food sensitivities

3. gluten/lactose intolerance

4. weak bladder/prostate problems

5. anal fissure

6. anal fistula

7. hemmorhoid

8. Dry mouth

9. compressed disc in lower back

10. anxiety (because of all of the above)

Im only 34 years old and I now have to live with all of this. I'm falling apart and if im lucky maybe ill make it to 40 before a new ailment arises.

I feel so helpless and confused as to why i keep developing new problems. this isnt the life i wanted for myself

sorry for sounding like a wuss & thanx for allowing me to vent

I hear you. It's okay, don't feel like a wuss.

I have a huge list of problems as well, and it seems like the only way I can keep them under control is by living the strictest life ever. SO many things bother me or make me sick it's ridiculous. I definitely feel your frustration. Just keep trying to heal, it's all we can do. *hug*

Hi Jason,

Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, and 8 could all be related to a mast cell problem. Have you ever heard of interstitial cystitis? It's when you constantly have to go (or at least feel like you need to go)... and it's caused by an overabundance of mast cells in your urinary system.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/441831-overview

Numbers 5, 6, and 7 are probably caused by the constipation :( Have you ever seen a GI doctor? I had an endoscopy on Tuesday to check for "mastocytic enterocolitis"

http://www.dieticiansblog.com/2008/04/28/m...ut-ibs-and-ibd/

This condition is often associated with diarrhea, but it can also go the other way into constipation (which is my problem). I thought for sure the gastroenterologist was going to say "IBS."

I can't say anything about the compressed disc ;) but maybe your other symptoms have something in common... and can be treated by the same means (like antihistamines). I was really surprised when I started taking antihistamines on a daily basis that my dry mouth, dry eyes, and abdominal pain actually improved... especially with the H2 antihistamine (Pepcid, Zantac, Tagamet, etc...). You might even want to contact Scot Lewey about it... his information is towards the bottom of the second link.

I am going to an oral pathologist next week because i think i have lichen planus. 2 weeks ago i had a bad stinging pain which i thought was just a canker sore, but it later turned into a much larger inflammation and it hasnt gotten better, even though the pain has subsided. If i am diagnosed with this now i have to worry about developing oral cancer because from what i hear its like chrohn's disease of the mouth. so here's my list:

1. IBS-C

2. Food sensitivities

3. gluten/lactose intolerance

4. weak bladder/prostate problems

5. anal fissure

6. anal fistula

7. hemmorhoid

8. Dry mouth

9. compressed disc in lower back

10. anxiety (because of all of the above)

Im only 34 years old and I now have to live with all of this. I'm falling apart and if im lucky maybe ill make it to 40 before a new ailment arises.

I feel so helpless and confused as to why i keep developing new problems. this isnt the life i wanted for myself

sorry for sounding like a wuss & thanx for allowing me to vent

My sister and mother both had lichen planus a few years ago. It is usually a rash red and bumpy, very itchy, on the lower legs. It also affects the feet - peeling and redness. It normally resolves after it runs its course. You can get lichen planus affecting the mouth as well. Sometimes but not often it can be related to hepatitis. Neither had that and rash has been gone and never returned for a few years now. I hope that makes you feel a little better.

Ive heard a few people mention that pepcid ac helps with a variety of symptoms - is that really true? can it help with constipation? seems like if you're inhibiting acid then you are further compromising your digestion

Ive heard a few people mention that pepcid ac helps with a variety of symptoms - is that really true? can it help with constipation? seems like if you're inhibiting acid then you are further compromising your digestion

Just my personal experience here... I've been taking the maximum OTC dose every day for about two months (sometimes an extra 20mg in the afternoon).

Pepcid AC helps a lot with my abdominal pain. I can tell when the dose is wearing off. I can't really say that it helps the constipation, but it doesn't make it worse either! I was worried about that.

Histamine is what tells your stomach to produce acid, so the way Pepcid (and the other H2 blockers) work is by blocking the histamine receptors in your GI system. But... too much histamine can cause nasty side effects like abdominal pain, diarrhea, heartburn, and ulcers. WAY too much histamine can do even worse things like causing chronic hives (internally/externally) and anaphylaxis.

It might be worth a quick try. Generic Pepcid (famotidine) is really cheap. I noticed a difference within the first few days after I started taking it. BTW... I wouldn't go the "fiber" route :ph34r: (the pressure in your intestines might cause even more pain) but have you tried magnesium or vitamin C?