ilikechaitea04

Glutened From Kissing?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! I recently came up positive on a Celiac blood panel after having horrible C, brain fog, sleepless, bloating, and stomach pressure/pains for a while.

My boyfriend has been really great in understanding Celiac disease and helping me through it, however I think that I keep getting sick after kissing him, even when he's brushed his teeth.

His toothpaste is gluten free as far as I know (crest pro health). I was wondering does anyone have this similar problem? If so, how do you deal with it?

I really want to be able to kiss him...and asking him to go gluten free is just not an option.

thanks!

after toothbrushing? no, i haven't experienced that problem. not saying it isn't impossible, just that i haven't had it.

and why has him going gluten free been put in the no category/ it `is` an option. as in, he has the capacity to eat gluten free, and the capability to make that decision if he so chooses. so why have you rejected it/ it might be reasonable to reject it, in the circumstances, but there ought to be a good reason other than 'I don't want to ask that of him'.

ps- the stuck shift key on my computer is getting really annoying

My best advice--wait till the next morning... Yes, it takes the romance out of the evening, but you won't feel bad the next day.

Maybe it's some other personal care product, not the toothpaste. Maybe his shaving cream or aftershave? Or his shampoo?

• Upvote 1

Make dinner that is gluten-free. Tonight we are having steak (marinated in Lea & Perrins worchestor(sp?) sauce, garlic & pepper), garlic smashed red potaoes and asparagrus with parmesean on it. Raspberry sorbet for dessert. Wine No gluten!

Tomorrow night we are having BBQ chicken, salad (no croutons), corn & Chebe bread sticks (extended gluten eating family love them). No gluten.

Would he feel deprived if the 2 of you cooked stuff like this?

My hub & boys still use regular bread, crackers and sometimes pasta. But usually, when we eat together, we eat gluten-free but they are the same meals we ate before pretty much.

FarmCat has a good idea there. I know I've tasted shaving cream when I've kissed a man before.

mine is a beer drinker and (i didn't believe it) i got sick from kissing him.