Rate this topic

Hi

Is quinoa ok for us celiacs...Had some and not so sure my feeling crappy for the next day was all about quinoa...

anyone....

diva

Hi

Is quinoa ok for us celiacs...Had some and not so sure my feeling crappy for the next day was all about quinoa...

anyone....

diva

Quinoa is gluten free. I did notice when I eat it, it does cause me to need to use the restroom. I believe that is because it is so nutritious that all systems are working properly.us

Quinoa is definitely gluten-free. I eat it with no difficulties. What form was it in, that is, how was it prepared?

Quinoa is definitely gluten-free. I eat it with no difficulties. What form was it in, that is, how was it prepared?

I cooked it in chicken broth...maybe that is my answer

It could be something in the broth. If you purchased the grain whole, it should be rinsed thoroughly prior to cooking. It has a natural coating of saponins. Quinoa sold in North America is usually rinsed as part of the packaging process.

I have used water, wine, and gluten-free soy sauce for preparation. I haven't tried broth, but that might make an interesting variation (provided the broth is gluten-free).

The broth may have been the culprit. I just had to purge my cupboards of gluten-containing broths... it's worth checking.