AmyDel

Good Lord, I'm Scared Reading This Website!

Rate this topic

I was just diagnosed with Celiac last week. I'm 15 weeks pregnant with #5 & the only reason I got tested was b/c I had to have blood drawn anyway at my last OB appt & my oldest DD was diagnosed last month after a month of stomach pain.

I'm petrified of miscarriage & stillbirth - altho my other 4 were fine, big (8 to 9.5 lb) babies.

The GI Dr seemed to think that altho I'm asymptomatic, that I've had this for a while.

I'm trying to go gluten free - however this is quite a learning process. It just figures - I finally get over 9 weeks of constant nausea, finally have an appetite & 1/2 of what I normally eat is now off limits - - there is no justice! :rolleyes:

No need to be scared; just be happy you were diagnosed now rather than later. There's always a silver lining in there somewhere :rolleyes::D

No better time to start eating what is healthy for you and the new baby than right now :D --get him off to a good start! Fortunately, the food you should be eating is very nutritious and full of what baby needs; meat, fish, rice, fruits and vegetables, seeds and nuts. You are obviously already familiar with the gluten free diet from your daughter's diagnosis. Since your are asymptomatic you may not have done much damage to your villi and will probably handle dairy okay too. If you straighten up and fly right you really shouldn't worry too much about the baby being affected, being as he is four months now and you had no problems with the other children.

Good luck on your gluten free journey.

No need to be scared; just be happy you were diagnosed now rather than later. There's always a silver lining in there somewhere :rolleyes::D

No better time to start eating what is healthy for you and the new baby than right now :D --get him off to a good start! Fortunately, the food you should be eating is very nutritious and full of what baby needs; meat, fish, rice, fruits and vegetables, seeds and nuts. You are obviously already familiar with the gluten free diet from your daughter's diagnosis. Since your are asymptomatic you may not have done much damage to your villi and will probably handle dairy okay too. If you straighten up and fly right you really shouldn't worry too much about the baby being affected, being as he is four months now and you had no problems with the other children.

Good luck on your gluten free journey.

Thankfully I don't seem to be lactose intolerant - I'd really lose my mind if I had to give up cheese & milk!

I will miss my whole grains tho - I love Kashi products - - well, rather, I "loved" Kashi...

What are your test results like ?

Do you have antigliadin antibodies ?

I've been trying to find someone with only antigliadin igA and IgG markers set for celiacs but don't find anyone.

Take care