Rate this topic

OK here goes = can anyone help me with these.....

HLA-DQ2 -- POS

HLA-DQ8 -- Negative

Transglutinase Antibody - 4.4

IGA - 75

If anyone can help me decipher this more I would appreciate it. Does this mean she has it. Her GI Dr says we are in the same boat.... It does not mean she has it but they want me to keep her on a gluten free diet...

Thanks for any advice out there.... Good news she actually gainee 12 oz this time

Bonnie

OK this is what I think your results mean-anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.....

HLA-DQ2 -- POS

HLA-DQ8 -- Negative

this means that she could have it or could develop it at some point....ie if she were negative for both DQ2 & 8 then it would mean that she almost definately could never get celiac disease

Transglutinase Antibody - 4.4

this is good (anything below 20 is "normal") but depending on how long she's been gluten-free, could mean nothing. my DD has been gluten-free for almost 2 years and is still at 44, she was over 1000 to begin with

IGA - 75

this just means that her IgA is normal so the ttg at 4.4 is reliable (her IgA isn't too low to measure the ttg)

So, all in all NO these results do not mean she "has it" :) I don't know your history, but if she's doing better than before on a gluten-free diet (the weight gain) then keeping her on it sounds like a good idea.