janwoliver@sbcglobal.net

Celiac And Dh

Rate this topic

I have Celiac and Dermatitis Herpetiformus. I have become extremely sensitive lately to all kinds irritations related to the DH. Recently I had assisted my daughter with a dinner party and served the children their plates prior to having dinner. I put a wheat dinner roll on each child's plate (did not ingest any of this meal) and instantly (within minutes) broke out in a blistered rash on my hand that made contact with the dinner roll. The blisters formed and later the blisters resembled that of a blood blister. It was extremely painful when I bent my hand as the blister was in the palm of my hand. The next day it was black and blue but the pain was starting to subside and it is still visible today (3 days later) but only red and no pain. I have never encountered issues like this before but was wondering if anyone has had any type of reaction like this??

I had Dh and have no reaction whatsoever to touching gluten.

Painful blood blisters that turn black and blue does not sound like any DH I've heard of.

Some sort of contact allergy?

richard

I am not a doctor so I of course can not say for sure what it is that happened but I certainly wouldn't handle wheat products without gloves from now on if I were you. You should run this event by your doctor and see what he says.