celiac_horn

Recommendations In Vt

Rate this topic

I will be traveling to VT on Tuesday afternoon, and wondered if anyone has recommendations for a gluten-free restaurant in the Bennington or Brattleboro areas. I will be taking I91N-I90W from Hartford CT, so anything along the way would be great too! Thanks. :D

There are places to buy prepared food and groceries, but not really any restaurants in Brat that I personally know of.

Along the way -

If you feel like taking the drive to Keene, NH, you can stop by Fritz's Fries on Main Street, theres also a salad place across the street from them. Also Pizza Pi on West St sells 14" gluten-free Pizzas. Also there are chains in Keene such as Chili's, Longhorn, and Uno's Pizza which all have gluten-free menus.

In South Deerfield MA (I think) there is a place called Hillside Pizza that does organic and gluten-free pizzas. They also have a location on the Amherst, MA / Hadley, MA border, about 15 minutes off I-91.

In Northampton, MA is a little-know joint calls Joe's Cafe. There is ALWAYS a wait, though, but they'll make you gluten-free rice pasta and do a very nice spaghetti house style red sauce with sausage.

Also in Northampton is a deli/barkery called the Woodstar cafe, they sell a few gluten-free baked goods and pasties. Also in Northampton is Hay Market, the snobbiest place ever but they do have some "wheat free" sandwich type stuff and deserts/pastries. Not sure how gluten-free it is, though, I don't go there.

Further toward CT- at the Holyoke mall in Holyoke, MA which is right off I-91 is an Uno's pizza. In West Springfield, MA also off I-91 is a Carraba's Italian Grill and a Outback steakhouse.