SergeTrigger

Still Feeling Bad.

Rate this topic

Hello,

Im new to this site and I got alot of questions. I was checked into the ER last week because of intense stomach and intestinal pains. I could not hold any food down. My stomach made awful churning sounds when I ate something with gluten in it. On Thursday I was diagnosed with Celiac's Diease. The blood work came back positive for those bad antibodies. I felt good for two days after because I only ate gluten-free Rice Chex, fresh chicken, fruits and veggies and hard boiled eggs. I am the only one in my household with this disease and my family stills eats gluten with the exception of me. Since Saturday my family started to get careless and they started leaving crumbs and stuff around. They still make food with gluten in the oven. Is there anyway that Im inhaling the gluten off of products like breaded fish sticks and tater tots? Would I have to get new kitchen wear and pots and pans?

Thank you for your help guys!

Have you cut out dairy, at least for a while as you heal. Many people have to remove all dairy from there diet when they go gluten free because it makes the healing of the villi much easier.

Also, if you are super sensitive, yes, you may be inhaling it. But chances are you are probably unknowingly accidently getting a few of those crumbs, or your just going through the healing process. Some people say it can take 6 months to a year to start feeling better, but it will come.

I understand how you feel, this is my 6th day Gluten free, dairy free, and the first two days were AMAZING! I felt GREAT. The next day I ate peanut butter. It did a number on me. All the symptoms that vanished the past two days ago returned, I felt terrible, and it really set me back. I dont know if therre were crumbs in the peanut butter or if i just had a hard time with it, but 3 days later Im only now starting to feel better.

Also, many people find other intolerances too, you may want to keep a food diary recording everything you eat and drink and any symptoms(bloating, pain, headaches, sleep issues, irritabilty, anything out of the ordinary) This will help you discover what else might be bothering you. Right now nuts are not agreeing, nor are legumes, which makes protein hard as i am a vegetarian.

So for now I would suggest dairy free, extra extra careful about crumbs, and a food diary. Of course, time will also help:)

Well in the hospital I was allowed to drink Wawa 2% milk cartons. It seemed to go down well in there. I will cut it out of my diet now. Thanks for your very informative post!

It's only me and DH, but he can use bread products on a specific are of the counte and then must do so on a paper plate. One crumb will make me very sick. Since it appears that you live in a mixed household, you should declare a portion of the counter gluten free and your family should respect that. You need to get your own toaster, cutting board, some new pans maybe. You also need your own containers for peanut butter, jlly, mayo, butter ect. It takes awhile to figure out the ins and out of the diet, but well worth it. Let me know if I can be of any help.

I've been gluten free for 2 months, and while I'm not 100% better, I am noticing symptoms gradually disappearing. It might not happen overnight for you. But I agree with what other posters have said...watch the CC, and log what you're eating, how you feel, what medications you take, for at least a month. It'll help you determine if there are any other factors preventing you from feeling better.