This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Early Pregnancy Symptoms?

NicoleAJ

NicoleAJ Enthusiast

I'm sure that early pregnancy symptoms differ greatly among women, but I was wondering if any of you who have gotten pregnant after diagnosis have noticed or found any research on early pregnancy symptoms in celiacs--are there any discernible patterns to expect except that "everyone's different"?

Sorry if this is TMI. I ovulated 9 days ago and had temporary light brown spotting on day seven--ever since I've been hungrier than normal and more fatigued, and I've had sore breasts. We definitely had some baby-making activity during my fertile window--I never know when I'm going to ovulate since my cycles and fluids are so erratic. DH and I would be thrilled to have a baby on the way, but waiting for the point where I actually can test is killing me, so hearing about other celiacs' early pg symptoms might help to shed some light on this for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi my husband and I are also trying- I'm in that two week wait period. I ovulated about 5 days ago/ I have never been pregnant before so I wish I could help. I have noticed I am more tired than usual but I have been busy and we are currently in a heat wave so that could make me feel sleepy, but this morning as I was walking into work I noticed sore breasts and my lower back is sore...I am hoping this is a sign. I used to post over on Babycenter but the more I read from people actively trying the more I imagined symptoms and so I am just trying to go everyday and not put too much into anything. They always say when you stop trying you get pregnant. I hope thats true for me. Def let me know :)

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

Sore breasts unlike before your period. I had that each time I got pregnant. It's a different kind of sore--not the puffy, hurts to take your bra off but tingling type, especially the nipples. Sounds silly to say it but that's what it was.

Pregnancy tests are very sensitive--even the cheapo dollar store ones. If you wait ten days after you think it might have implanted you can try it. I wouldn't recommend this if you feel especially anxious or worried about it as it can be discouraging to have to do it multiple times.

Best wishes for you both.

ETA-the spotting can be the egg releasing or implantation so it's hard to rely on that.

Thanks :) You know the interesting thing- I don't get sore breasts before my period. Currently it is my nipples that are more sore/tender.

NicoleAJ Enthusiast

Yeah, I usually don't get sore breasts before my period, but this is definitely mostly located in the nipples as well. I'm usually a stomach sleeper, but I just can't sleep that way now because of the discomfort of it. I'm on day 10 of high temperatures and 3 days after potential (?) implantation, so I'm going to wait so as not to be disappointed by results that are just too early. Here's hoping! And thanks for the support.

good luck Nicole!

NicoleAJ Enthusiast
good luck Nicole!

Good luck to you too!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

And good luck to you both! I kept the stick I peed on for a long time until my dh asked why'd I want the stick when I had the kid? :blink::P

• 4 weeks later...
disneyceliac Newbie

I am also waiting those endless 2 weeks to find out whether I am pregnant or not. Because of Celiac and other conditions partly caused by the misdiagnosis of it for 16 years, I am a high risk pregnancy.

During my research, I found a symptom I had not heard of before: "Your nipples may darken in color." I knew this happened later in pregnancy but apparently it can occur before you even miss your period. It also said that this might be harder to see in women who have darker skin tones.

My doctor also warned me about staying out of the heat (the magic number being 102 degrees body temp - I live in Florida so I just can't be outside for more than a few minutes) and never letting your heart rate over 140.

Just know that there are others waiting patiently (lol) with you during this time : )

Archived