Jayde

Celiac And The Dating Scene

Rate this topic

Hey guys,

So, I am pretty newly diagnosed with Celiac (been gluten-free for about 6 weeks)... and am getting so frustrated with my attempts to stay gluten-free!

Dating seems like it is going to be the biggest challenge. i went out on a date last night with a guy.. I told him I had Celiac and we went to a restaurant that had a gluten-free menue (I called ahead of time and asked them about CC, and they assured me they were very careful to have to gluten-free food prepared in a seperate area..). I told the waitress about me being Celiac, and all seemed good. The guy I was out with did have a pasta meal with bread... but nothing came close to my plate!

Afterwards we went to get some iced cream.. I asked them there if their iced cream was ok and they assured me the ice cream was gluten-free.

Now, I didn't kiss him until after we got home and he brushed his teeth.. but soon after that I got a huge cancer sore on the inside of my lip and today I'm double over in pain and I can't stop eating.. I always want to eat an entire horse, or maybe 2 entire horses when I get glutened!!.. sigh.

So I know I put myself in a few "dangerous" situations last night (by eating at a restaurant, eating iced cream and kissing someone who had a ubber gluten meal!!) I'm wondering how you single celiacs handle the dating scene, and for those of you who have partners who eat gluten how you guys handle cc through contact, kissing, etc...

haven't been single in many, many moons but my one thought was the kissing. But you covered that pretty well with him brushing his teeth. Do things work THAT fast on you?? To get a canker sore before the next day seems "UBER" fast to me. Perhaps you were contaminated before your evening out?? Just a thought.

Now, I didn't kiss him until after we got home and he brushed his teeth.. but soon after that I got a huge cancer sore on the inside of my lip and today I'm double over in pain and I can't stop eating.. I always want to eat an entire horse, or maybe 2 entire horses when I get glutened!!.. sigh.

So I know I put myself in a few "dangerous" situations last night (by eating at a restaurant, eating iced cream and kissing someone who had a ubber gluten meal!!) I'm wondering how you single celiacs handle the dating scene, and for those of you who have partners who eat gluten how you guys handle cc through contact, kissing, etc...

Jayde, Sounds like you need a second date, but forget the ice cream (grin). Eliminate one thing each time, until you get it right...