stolly

Adjusting Recipes For Coconut Flour

Rate this topic

I have a bag of coconut flour and would like to try some things for DD. She is not an adventurous eater, and it takes several times seeing something new before she'll try it, so I'd like to take a recipe she likes and sub some coconut flour. I'm just wondering specifically the ratio of liquid to coconut flour that I need to add when I sub and if the amount varies depending on whether I add eggs, water/milk, or flax seed meal. I do plan to try the biscuits I saw when I searched the forum for coconut flour, but she might not even try those, so I'd like to adjust some recipes I already know she will eat. Thanks!

I have a bag of coconut flour and would like to try some things for DD. She is not an adventurous eater, and it takes several times seeing something new before she'll try it, so I'd like to take a recipe she likes and sub some coconut flour. I'm just wondering specifically the ratio of liquid to coconut flour that I need to add when I sub and if the amount varies depending on whether I add eggs, water/milk, or flax seed meal. I do plan to try the biscuits I saw when I searched the forum for coconut flour, but she might not even try those, so I'd like to adjust some recipes I already know she will eat. Thanks!

Hi. If you're going to add coconut flour, it's kind of easier to know how much to use on a case by case basis. Maybe you could giv eus a few of the recipes you intend to us? In general, when adding to a regular recipe, I would take out two tbsps of flour and use coconut instead, and add 1 tbsp of liquid to correspond. Don't forget to sift the coconut flour before it gets mixed in. Coconut flour SERIOUSLY sucks up fluid. One of the most successful and tasty things you can do with straight coconut flour is cake, or cupcakes. Try the Tropical Traditions website, they have great recipes.