Puddy

A Question On Test Results

Rate this topic

My gastro doctor runs a Celiac panel on my every six months. My numbers have consistently dropped and last November everything was in the 'normal' range. When I called for my results in June, the nurse told me everything was perfect and to keep up the good work. I called last week to get a copy to take to my PCP and when I received it, it said my Antigliadin IgA had risen, but was still in the normal range. It was 8.5 in November and is now 30.2 with a Reference Range of <45. However, my TTG IgA had dropped from 9.19 to 4.3 with a Ref Range of <15.

I know a couple weeks before the test, I stupidly ate some cookies that I thought were gluten free and weren't. Could that one mistake have caused a jump in the number? I don't have any symptoms when I am accidently 'glutened' so it's hard to tell if I am getting any cross contamination. The doctor is on vacation for 2 weeks and I can't get an answer from her now and am just really curious. Thanks for your help, guys!

Most tests are only accurate within a certain range, anything above, or below that range is not a true number, so there is no difference between 8.5 and 30, if less than 45 is negative.

Most tests are only accurate within a certain range, anything above, or below that range is not a true number, so there is no difference between 8.5 and 30, if less than 45 is negative.

Thanks, Jestgar. OK, I'll stop worrying now! :lol:

Thanks, Jestgar. OK, I'll stop worrying now! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Easy to get caught up in things.