Rate this topic

I know this is going to come across weird but here it goes. For over 1 1/2 months I have had a very painful breast. It feels very much like when I had problems at the end of breast feeding my youngest(he is now over 4 1/2 and I ended breastfeeding at 16 months). Here is some history. He had so many bacterial infections that he got yeast infections in diaper area, thrush in his mouth and yeast overgrowth in his bowel. Needless to say I got thrush on my nipples from him. We were both treated several times for this. I developed blocked milk ducts two times and a blister on the nipple. When I weaned him I again developed a blocked duct and it turned into mastitis. I had a low grade fever and a red streak going up the side to my armpit. I was put on antibiotics, kept it drained and it cleared up. Fast forward to the end of July this year. The same one became painful and I figured it was hormones. I developed a yeast infection and took diflucan for it then got AF. The pain in the breast did subside some after AF was gone. Pain still present for the next AF in Aug. and is still painful. I feel no lumps and it really feels the same as it did when I had the problems when breast feeding. My husband asked me if I could be pregnant. I suppose anything is possible, but unlikely. He had a vasectomy over 4 years ago with a lot of complications, but it would not suprise me for something to grow back after all this time. (Yes I am faithful incase that crossed your mind :lol: ) I really was leaning toward inflamation or some kind of infection. Could I have another yeast infection in the breast that flared up after all this time? I also have been experiencing symptoms of another (other)yeast infection. I plan on calling the doctor tommorow to get an appointment just in case.

I am glad you are calling your doctor today. I hope they are able to figure out what is going on.

In addition to what your dr prescribes, a tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey in a cup of warm water 3 times a day is an old home remedy for breast infection. It's good for a host of other ailments as well. Adjust the measurement for taste; I like more honey, DH likes more vinegar.