emili1242

Tired And Depressed...is This Normal?

Rate this topic

hey everyone! im quite new to this forum and to celiac (i was just diagnosed a couple weeks ago). Since being diagnosed i've been really careful about what i eat and as far as i know have not had any gluten. however, ive been feeling so tired lately even though im getting a normal amount of sleep. i also feel really sad and depressed...there are times where i will just lay around and not want to/feel up to doing anything. plus i feel just as sick, if not more, than i did before i stopped eating gluten. ive been keeping a journal of what i eat and its mostly just fruit, cheese, meat, and veggies so im pretty sure theres not gluten. and one last weird thing...everytime i eat i feel really full after really small amounts of food. like i could eat three strawberries and feel really full even if i havent eaten for hours. i was just wondering if anyone else experienced these feelings or if im just crazy and am making it all up in my head.

No your not crazy but in a way it may be 'in your head'. Many of us experience withdrawl symptoms when we go gluten free and that is what it sounds like may be happening. Hang in there and the withdrawl should lift soon.

I'm two weeks into gluten-free and I've been very fatigued - this morning I took a nap, which is VERY unlike me. However school just started so me and my kids are getting up an hour earlier than we're used to in the summer, and I've been getting less sunlight.

And yes, I'm also more blue/depressive - it may be bio-chemical, but I'm also overwhelmed reading about my new lifelong disease and GRIEVING the foods I can't eat.

Do what I need to do: take a gluten-free cookbook with you and read some yummy recipes out in the sunlight - or read a nice, senseless novel out in the sun and take your mind of celiac's for a few hourse.