jabberwife

San Francisco Oven - Positive Experience

Rate this topic

Several of my girlfriends and I were planning a girl's night out, and they chose San Francisco Oven. Not a place I'd usually choose, since they focus on pizza and sandwiches, but they do have some salads. Well, I called the main number and left a message explaining that I would like to discuss ingredients in their salads, to determine whether they were safe.

The regional manager returned my call within an hour, and once I explained what the situation was, he explained that the chicken was safe, and most of the salad dressings are made in-house at the store. The ranch was fresh, as were the vinaigrettes, and he rattled off the ingredients (white vinegar, olive oil, mustard, etc). Of course, I was to leave off the croutons or crisps, but other than that, I was good to go. I ordered the Zinfandel Chicken and Feta, no crisps, and dressing on the side (just because I prefer it that way...). Delicious, and I felt fine afterward. Score one for San Francisco Oven.

There is Joes Crab Shack in SF too and they are very good about cooking gluten-free.

Glad you had a good experience there =)