TEaglefeather

Hello From Kentucky

Rate this topic

There is a group that meets in Louisville at Baptist Hospital East. I haven't been. I was recently diagnosed myself. They have a message board you can check out and newsletters if you join. There's an annual fee. They do a pitch in of gluten free food at each meeting as well. Hope this helps I don't know what part of Kentucky you're in.

Meagan

I've been going to the one in Louisville at Baptist East and it's a great group with a good number of people. We meet once a month on a Thursday, 7pm. Every week a different topic is presented, and there's always food. :) We just had a picinic in August and will have a Christmas get-together over the holidays.

If you're nearby, hope you can make it!

I've been going to the one in Louisville at Baptist East and it's a great group with a good number of people. We meet once a month on a Thursday, 7pm. Every week a different topic is presented, and there's always food. :) We just had a picinic in August and will have a Christmas get-together over the holidays.

If you're nearby, hope you can make it!

WOW, we live in Pikeville which is abut 3 to 4 hours away from Louisville, I feel sure he would take that ride once a month how do we go about signing up for registering for meetings? And where exactly is Baptist East?

Thank You

No need to sign up. Just show up. They'll announce at each meeting about new members joining. The dues(it's an offical CSA-Celiac Spru Association- chapter) are not much and go to cover so many things, speakers, events etc. You'll get a new member packet with lots of info. from the local as well as national sources. Lately, the topics of the upcoming month's meeting have been posted on the site linked to above. There are folks who come in from outlying areas-Indianna etc. too.

No need to sign up. Just show up. They'll announce at each meeting about new members joining. The dues(it's an offical CSA-Celiac Spru Association- chapter) are not much and go to cover so many things, speakers, events etc. You'll get a new member packet with lots of info. from the local as well as national sources. Lately, the topics of the upcoming month's meeting have been posted on the site linked to above. There are folks who come in from outlying areas-Indianna etc. too.

When is the next meeting and could you tell me where Baptist East is ?

Thank you

I got to this page by clicking the pink glutenfreelouisville.org at the top left corner of the page. Looks like we just missed the Sept. meeting so next is November 12th Thursday at 7 p.m. Holiday cookie exchange is on the agenda.

http://www.glutenfreelouisville.org/index.html

I wish I could give good directions. I'm not familiar enough with the area and very poor at directions in general. It's just off Breckenridge. Actually not far from Norton. They're sort of back door neighbors with one of the major highways between them. Kresge Way is the street I think. If you park in the parking garage, there is a short covered walkway from the garage to the hospital on the 3rd floor? I think. The education center is the one to ask for. There are often other seminars and groups going on. The room is fairly consistant but it's a good idea to check the site as it sometimes changes. Hope that helps. Sorry I can't be a better help. You are always welcome to use the e-mail links or phone the officers or the gentleman who runs their site. They'd be more than happy to help.

Wait a minute, I just realized that unless I missed something, they didn't have a meeting for Oct. on the agenda. There most likely will be one. It should be 2nd Thursday in Oct. Maybe they haven't ironed out the schedule/agenda yet. I would recommend that you keep checking until time nears and if it doesn't show up, certainly get in touch with someone through the site.

The next meeting in Louisville is scheduled for Thursday, October 8th, at 7pm. The topic is holiday meal planning. :)

If you're coming into Louisville via I-64 West, take the Watterson Expressway (I-264 West), and take the Breckenridge Ln NORTH exit. After you exit off of 264, you will eventually cross over Dutchmans Lane. (You will see a McDonalds, Wendy's, OCharleys on the left, Office Depot on the right.) Go through one more light, and the next light is Kresge Way. You will turn right at this light to enter the hospital campus. Follow the signs to the Main Entrance (C building). There is free parking out front.

We usually meet on the 2nd Floor in the Education wing, but you may want to check the glutenfreelouisville website before you leave just in case our room has changed. (We are always in the same building.) The Information Desk when you come in the Main Entrance can also direct you where to go.

http://www.baptisteast.com/

Oh, and you don't have to sign up or anything, just show up. They'll just take your contact info when you walk in the door. A fee is only required if you would like to join the group, which is $20 for an entire year, but it's free just to come to the meetings.

I know it's a long trek for you, but if you can make it, we'd love to have you!