Sher B.

Wonderful gluten-free Italian Food

Rate this topic

Just wanted everyone to know about a great restaurant with an extensive gluten free menu. It is located in Sharon Pa and is called Ferraras Taste Of Italy. Google them and you will find their link and 3 gluten free menus. My daughter who has celiac had the cheese ravioli which came with Italian Bread which was excellent. She actually said it brought tears to her eyes when first tasting it. We bought pepperoni rolls home to freeze which also were very good. It is definately worth a the drive. We will be back.

Just wanted everyone to know about a great restaurant with an extensive gluten free menu. It is located in Sharon Pa and is called Ferraras Taste Of Italy. Google them and you will find their link and 3 gluten free menus. My daughter who has celiac had the cheese ravioli which came with Italian Bread which was excellent. She actually said it brought tears to her eyes when first tasting it. We bought pepperoni rolls home to freeze which also were very good. It is definately worth a the drive. We will be back.

Glad you had such a great experience. We went to Carino's Italian Grill, and their "gluten free" menu consisted of a list of items that you order "without" the pasta, bread, croutons, whatever. We felt cheated. Heck, we can do that at a place that doesn't have a gluten free menu. :o They didn't even have gluten free beer in the bar :huh:

I recently made a thread about the numerous selection that Ferrara's has online when I came across it by accident on Google. I'm considering going to Cedar Point in OH next spring/summer and even though its still a decent drive there, I've contemplated doing it as a special occasion because of the selection. Seeing a first hand review makes me consider it even more.

SherB

I see you ar enew to the group here--- are you from this area around Sharon? Ohio?

We just had a group go for lunch last Sunday to Ferrara's. I think there was about 40 of us...

Send me a private message & I'll let you know about some other places to dine ......Also in Butler, Pa they have a great support group with children as well..

mamaw