minniejack

Rustic Crust Pizza And Sauce

Rate this topic

Has anyone tried Rustic Crust (gluten-free) Pizza or sauce?

I'm planning on ordering some from my co-op, but I have to order a case and after the fiasco of the taquitos, I'm a little leery.

Okay, I received my case of 12 with 2 in a pack today...the size was a little disappointing--personal size and it looked a little greenish through the packaging. I'm thinking what a huge waste of 50 bucks.

Then I opened the package and took out two golden discs. Okay, looking better.

Spread some olive oil on them, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.

12 minutes later...HEAVEN...tasted like real pizza. And had great texture and crispy.

Better than Pizza Fusion, Domata, Kinnikinnick, homemade. Yummmmmm

Only Problem: Do not let sit very long or the crust doesn't stay very crispy.

In my case, I think it was fate.

P.M. me and I'll see if I can find one in your area. Mine is through United Natural Foods. My family is considering moving across the U.S. and I'm just now looking into checking where other co-ops are through their site.

And hey, for anyone else who wants to try it, I checked out their site and you can put in your zip to find a retailer near you. www.rusticcrust.com

The closest store for me was 45 minutes away--unless I wanted to pay an arm and a leg to order through the Kroger specialty store and have it delivered.

one more thing: I just found one crust that I had tossed in the fridge and forgot about. I took it out, tore it up in little bite size pieces, and nuked for 30 seconds. And it made a perfect tasting dipping pita bread. Would make a perfect accompaniment for spinach dip or other soft cheese dips.

Very yummy. Very pleased. :D

Hi!

I am in the same position - about to order from my co-op - and I was wondering if you'd tried the Udi's crust as well?

I'm stuck trying to decide between the two. Anyone out there have a preference???

:)

Thanks for letting us know about the crusts!!!!