BCW82048

Gluten Free Foods

Rate this topic

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also to celiac disease. I am wondering if A1 sauce is gluten free. Also I am wondering about Cool whip and Jello. Any answers are very much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

All three of those are Kraft brands. Kraft will clearly identify, by name, any gluten grain in the ingredients list. If you don't see wheat, barley, rye or oats in the list, then the product is gluten-free.

Welcome to the forum!

All three of those are Kraft brands. Kraft will clearly identify, by name, any gluten grain in the ingredients list. If you don't see wheat, barley, rye or oats in the list, then the product is gluten-free.

Thank you, Peter! I will probably be asking more questions as I am still learning. I have been gluten free for 3 weeks and it is getting a little easier.

Kraft is a celiac-friendly manufacturer. There are many others.

Here's a list of companies that have a clear gluten policy. If you don't see wheat, rye, barley, or oats, as one of those words, on their labels, it's not there. It won't be hidden in flavors, starches, etc.

In the USA under FALCPA (in effect since January 1, 2006) wheat must always be explicitly declared, but that law does not cover rye and barely. FALCPA applies to packaged foods sold in the US, regardless of where they are made.

Reading labels will become a habit. Here a couple of links that will be helpful when the company is not on the list above:

Unsafe ingredients.

Safe ingredients.