Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
irish daveyboy

How Many With celiac disease Have A Short 5th Finger ?

Rate this topic

Guest chetalrim

I have no idea if I'm coeliac or not yet, I'm getting my results on Friday. Both my pinky's are slightly shorter than the top joint on my 4th fingers though. I didn't even know that meant they were short - I thought it was normal!!! :lol:

I'm also one for the short pinky club. Wonder about my kids???? That is funny though. I am only so far diagnosed with two autoimmune's, celiac disease and AIH, but only in the first year of diagnosis of celiac disease, first two weeks for AIH.

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease 01/06/09, positive EGD biopsy 01/20/2009, gluten-free(with some hiccups) ever since. Diagnosed with Autoimmune hepatitis 09/24/2009. Diagnosed Fibromyalgia 12/15/2009

Mother- Diagnosed Seronegative Rhuematoid Arthritis 10/06/09, Diagnosed Lupus (SLE) 11/2009, Diagnosed Hashimoto's Thyroiditis 2000.

Grandmother- Diagnosed Celiac Disease 08/2007.

Son-Positive HLA DQ2, "Lactose intolerant" and on Soy and off Dairy since 5/09, still having symptoms.

Daughter- Positive symptomalogy, Positive HLA DQ2 and DQ8, Positive IgG, Not yet diagnosed though.

"I may be bruised, but I am never broken." ME :D

Count me in for the tiny pinkie too! Mine is really short...Just a little above the knuckle of my fourth finger..

I am of Scottish Gaelic origins...relatives from Isle of Uist...

Constipation, Gas, Bloating, Abdominal Pain, Ataxia, Brain Fog, Joint Pain Headaches

Bloodwork Negative

Went gluten free 10/02/09

Immediate and Positive intestinal improvement with improvement in headache frequency

Enterolab results 11/23/09 (after one month gluten free)

Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA 10 units

Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA 9 units

Fecal Fat 1267 units

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1: 0201

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2: 0202

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,2 (Subtype 2,2)

I just want to say that my pinkies are both really short too. A doctor told me that you're more likely to have coeliac's disease if you have Irish ancestry so we're all mutants from Ireland.