pandybear

Im Coping I Think

Rate this topic

HI GUYS I POSTED ON HERE ABOUT A WEEK AGO ABOUT BEING DIAGIANOSED 5 YEARS AGO WITH COELICS BUT NEVER BEING ABLE TO FOLLOW A DIET AND NEVER REALLY BOTHERING TOO AS I DONT GET ANY REACTION EXCEPT THE ODD BIT OF BLOATING, WELL......................

IM PLEASED TO SAY THAT AFTER A FEW OF YOU GUYS POINTED OUT THE BAD POINTS OF WHAT I COULD SUFFER WITH IF I CONTINUE TO INGNORE THE FACT THAT I HAVE COELICS I HAVE NOW GONE A WHOLE 5 DAYS YES 5 DAYS WITHOUT ANY GLUTEN ITS BEEN HARD VERY HARD.

THE THING I FIND ANNOYING IS EVERYTHING I TRY TO ORDER ON PRESCRIPTION I GET TURNED DOWN ALL THE NICE STUFF IS BLACKLISTED AS FAR AS MY GPS ARE CONCERNED EVEN LIFESTYLE CRUMPETS( WHICH ARE LUSH) ITS REALLY ANNOYING AS I LIVE ON BENEFITS SO FIND IT HARD TO BUYS LOTS OF STUFF.

BUT THNKS TO YOU GUYS IM TRYING SO THANKS VERY VERY MUCH.

I am glad to hear that you are coping with the need for the diet. It is hard at first. It is easier if you can stick with whole naturally gluten free foods. I find a crock pot and rice cooker to help a great deal. Roasted fresh meats and veggies are really easy, filling and at least in my house provide more than a days worth of cooked meat to add to stuff like rice the next day or two. If there is a celiac support group in your area they may be able to clue you in on the places to get the baked goods type of stuff.

You might also want to post a 'where do I get...' in the International 'room' if you haven't already.