MKat

Beano Has Gluten

Rate this topic

I can't believe I did this. I usually try and take beano before eating any beans - before and after going gluten free. Lately I've noticed that every time I eat beans (having taken beano) I've not felt well. I thought it was the beans. DUH!!! I looked last night and it says "wheat" right there on the Beano bottle!! I thought I had checked it out before - I either received bad information....or I never checked and thought I had.

I'm just sharing in case anyone else is as dumb as I am :)

I can't believe I did this. I usually try and take beano before eating any beans - before and after going gluten free. Lately I've noticed that every time I eat beans (having taken beano) I've not felt well. I thought it was the beans. DUH!!! I looked last night and it says "wheat" right there on the Beano bottle!! I thought I had checked it out before - I either received bad information....or I never checked and thought I had.

I'm just sharing in case anyone else is as dumb as I am :)

Well, count me dumb :( I guess that explains why I stopped eating beans of any kind.......DUH :o Thanks, you've saved me from some pain.........tsk, tsk!

Raising my hand and heading to look at my Beano bottle. Then I'll email them! Thanks

Well slap me silly..... I don't know if I just missed that one or what, but maybe that has some thing to do with it not working to good for me. So is there some thing else that we can use that is gluten free?

Thanks,

Grump

Here is what their website has to say.

http://Lame Advertisement/FAQ.aspx

Does Beano contain gluten?

The smallest amount of gluten that can be chemically detected in a product is 0.00016 percent. Results of our testing have shown that Beano contains less than 0.00016 percent gluten. Although the amount of gluten in Beano is less than the limit of detection, we would recommend that individuals who have concerns about the use of Beano speak with their physician.

Here is what their website has to say.

<a href="http://Lame Advertisement/FAQ.aspx" target="external nofollow">http://Lame Advertisement/FAQ.aspx</a>

Does Beano contain gluten?

The smallest amount of gluten that can be chemically detected in a product is 0.00016 percent. Results of our testing have shown that Beano contains less than 0.00016 percent gluten. Although the amount of gluten in Beano is less than the limit of detection, we would recommend that individuals who have concerns about the use of Beano speak with their physician.

Could you type out the part that got switched to 'lame advertisement' and put spaces between the letters so we can see what it's supposed to be? The board does that automatically, they must have spammed us.