Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MKat

Beano Has Gluten

I can't believe I did this. I usually try and take beano before eating any beans - before and after going gluten free. Lately I've noticed that every time I eat beans (having taken beano) I've not felt well. I thought it was the beans. DUH!!! I looked last night and it says "wheat" right there on the Beano bottle!! I thought I had checked it out before - I either received bad information....or I never checked and thought I had.

I'm just sharing in case anyone else is as dumb as I am :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I can't believe I did this. I usually try and take beano before eating any beans - before and after going gluten free. Lately I've noticed that every time I eat beans (having taken beano) I've not felt well. I thought it was the beans. DUH!!! I looked last night and it says "wheat" right there on the Beano bottle!! I thought I had checked it out before - I either received bad information....or I never checked and thought I had.

I'm just sharing in case anyone else is as dumb as I am :)

Well, count me dumb :( I guess that explains why I stopped eating beans of any kind.......DUH :o Thanks, you've saved me from some pain.........tsk, tsk!

Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

Raising my hand and heading to look at my Beano bottle. Then I'll email them! Thanks

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Well slap me silly..... I don't know if I just missed that one or what, but maybe that has some thing to do with it not working to good for me. So is there some thing else that we can use that is gluten free?

Thanks,

Grump

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!

Here is what their website has to say.

http://Lame Advertisement/FAQ.aspx

Does Beano contain gluten?

The smallest amount of gluten that can be chemically detected in a product is 0.00016 percent. Results of our testing have shown that Beano contains less than 0.00016 percent gluten. Although the amount of gluten in Beano is less than the limit of detection, we would recommend that individuals who have concerns about the use of Beano speak with their physician.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Here is what their website has to say.

<a href="http://Lame Advertisement/FAQ.aspx" target="external ugc nofollow">http://Lame Advertisement/FAQ.aspx</a>

Does Beano contain gluten?

The smallest amount of gluten that can be chemically detected in a product is 0.00016 percent. Results of our testing have shown that Beano contains less than 0.00016 percent gluten. Although the amount of gluten in Beano is less than the limit of detection, we would recommend that individuals who have concerns about the use of Beano speak with their physician.

Could you type out the part that got switched to 'lame advertisement' and put spaces between the letters so we can see what it's supposed to be? The board does that automatically, they must have spammed us.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill