Lexi

Losing My Mind About This

Rate this topic

Almost 2 months ago now, I wrote in and told everyone about my experience at Stonewood. I totally glutened myself on purpose with every morsel of wheat I could find. I thought I would be the type of person who would gluten myself every once in awhile just to get a taste of my favorite foods. However, now I know I will NEVER do it again. It's going on 2 months now, and I am still having extreme fatigue, bloating, weight gain, and just an overall sick feeling. I mean can I still be possibly having effects from the gluten??? I know this sounds crazy, but I feel like the gluten is STUCK in my body and won't come out!!! I am also battling candida, so this could also be part of the problem. However, I got so much worse after the gluten.

Have you ruled out other intolerances that may have cropped up? I can only go by my own experience but after being made very ill by a drug reaction I just never seemed to get back to where I was before I was given that drug. Finally I started a food diary and then tested with enterolab which showed I was also now casien and soy intolerant. As soon as I eliminated those two I got back to where I was before the reaction. I have always wondered if perhaps those other intolerances were buried in the background and then the stress of the reaction brought them out full force like severe illness or stressors will trigger celiac.