Tallforagirl

Auckland City gluten-free Bread

Rate this topic

Hello,

I have been AWOL from the board for a while, and guess what, I am only back cause I need something :)

Can anyone in the Auckland city area advise on availability of gluten free bread from grocery stores over there? I'll be in Auckland after Christmas and I'll be staying in a hotel. I'm thinking about taking a toaster with me so I can make toast as a snack during my stay, but if possible want to avoid having to take a supply of gluten-free bread as well.

If anyone can recommend cafes/restaurants in Auckland CBD as well, I'd be very grateful!

Hello,

I have been AWOL from the board for a while, and guess what, I am only back cause I need something :)

Can anyone in the Auckland city area advise on availability of gluten free bread from grocery stores over there? I'll be in Auckland after Christmas and I'll be staying in a hotel. I'm thinking about taking a toaster with me so I can make toast as a snack during my stay, but if possible want to avoid having to take a supply of gluten-free bread as well.

If anyone can recommend cafes/restaurants in Auckland CBD as well, I'd be very grateful!

Three good bakeries come to mind: Marx Bakery, Liberte bread (will try and remember who bakes it and post again they also do cookies--oh yes, I just checked them, it's Bakeworks), and Venerdi's who make a six-grain bread and good Baps. If you can't find any of these online come back and I will try to help you. The bakeries' websites should list who carry their products. From ChCh so don't know about restaurants, sorry.

Three good bakeries come to mind: Marx Bakery, Liberte bread (will try and remember who bakes it and post again they also do cookies--oh yes, I just checked them, it's Bakeworks), and Venerdi's who make a six-grain bread and good Baps. If you can't find any of these online come back and I will try to help you. The bakeries' websites should list who carry their products. From ChCh so don't know about restaurants, sorry.

Thanks Mushroom!

I'll look those up. Cookies sounds good - mmmm, coookiesss!

Theres a new place open on Mt Eden Rd in thr City Called the Gluten Free Grocer. They have a range of gluten free products and bake all their own stuff.... They are really good, thats where I would head if I were you!

Look at there website www.glutenfreegrocer.co.nz

Enjoy! :D