CeciliaCeliac

Help With Prescription Information...any Comments?

Rate this topic

I have been investigating a prescription through the pharmaceutical companies and got this reply to my inquiry. Does this mean it is safe or not?...............the price difference is quite a lot lower since I don't have insurance but I'm not sure if it is that risky.......

Our Tramadol 50mg product contains starch from maize which contains a small amount of gluten, so it is not gluten free. However, it does not contain gliaden gluten, the type of gluten associated with celiac sprue.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks everyone.....

I have been investigating a prescription through the pharmaceutical companies and got this reply to my inquiry. Does this mean it is safe or not?...............the price difference is quite a lot lower since I don't have insurance but I'm not sure if it is that risky.......

Our Tramadol 50mg product contains starch from maize which contains a small amount of gluten, so it is not gluten free. However, it does not contain gliaden gluten, the type of gluten associated with celiac sprue.

I hope this information is helpful.

Thanks everyone.....

It means that they used cornstarch in the medication, not wheat starch. It is fine for you to use :)

PS--Corn does have "gluten", but it's not the type Celiacs need to be concerned with ;)