Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GottaSki

Healing Time Poll

3 members have voted

1. 1. Diagnosed 1-18 years old -- How long did it take for the majority of your symptoms to improve?

• 0-3 months
    • 3-9 months
    • 9-18 months

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A6):
      Celiac.com Sponsor (A6):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A6-m):

18-36 months
    • more than 36 months
  2. 2. Diagnosed 18-35 years old -- How long did it take for the majority of your symptoms to improve?

• 0-3 months
    • 3-9 months
    • 9-18 months
    • 18-36 months
    • more than 36 months
  3. 3. Diagnosed after 35 years old -- How long did it take for the majority of your symptoms to improve?

• 0-3 months
    • 3-9 months
    • 9-18 months
    • 18-36 months
    • more than 36 months

Everyone has a different healing time.

We've got several different ages in our family currently healing so I'm curious...how long did it take you?

If you have more than one member in your family, feel free to answer for them too!

Hope I set this poll up correctly -- Thanks!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I voted but nothing shows up as having done so.

Update: I checked one box in each section, then it recorded the votes. I clicked the first choice in each selection (0-3 months under each age choice).

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Thank you Ahorsesoul!

I could see your answers when I selected show results...hope others can view the results.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)