deglutenated

Bacteria Blues...

Rate this topic

Hi, All! I'm new here so if this topic has already been covered, I apologize. I've searched but didn't find anything... ANYWHERE!!! Anyway, I am a year and a half into some incredibly irritating and sometimes debilitating digestive issues. I did a gluten elimination/challenge and noticed a huge difference. I'm in the midst of some tests for celiac. My doc doesn't think it's celiac. He thinks it's ibs from eating too many carbs or possibly gluten intolerance but not celiac. I've introduced gluten back into my diet and have a blood test in a couple of weeks. :-( but also :-)

Anyway, my question is this: how can I take both garlic and probiotics without the garlic obliterating the probiotics? Whatever my digestive issues are, there is definitely a problem with my bacteria. Probiotics (Align) definitely help and Kyolic Garlic Digestive Formula 102 seems to help but I'm afraid the garlic may be killing the probiotics. Anybody have any suggestions on how to take these two? How about if I take them 2 hours apart being sure to take the garlic first. In your experience, would this be the most effective way to take both and get the full benefits of each?

Thanks a bunch! :)

Hi, All! I'm new here so if this topic has already been covered, I apologize. I've searched but didn't find anything... ANYWHERE!!! Anyway, I am a year and a half into some incredibly irritating and sometimes debilitating digestive issues. I did a gluten elimination/challenge and noticed a huge difference. I'm in the midst of some tests for celiac. My doc doesn't think it's celiac. He thinks it's ibs from eating too many carbs or possibly gluten intolerance but not celiac. I've introduced gluten back into my diet and have a blood test in a couple of weeks. :-( but also :-)

Anyway, my question is this: how can I take both garlic and probiotics without the garlic obliterating the probiotics? Whatever my digestive issues are, there is definitely a problem with my bacteria. Probiotics (Align) definitely help and Kyolic Garlic Digestive Formula 102 seems to help but I'm afraid the garlic may be killing the probiotics. Anybody have any suggestions on how to take these two? How about if I take them 2 hours apart being sure to take the garlic first. In your experience, would this be the most effective way to take both and get the full benefits of each?

Thanks a bunch! :)

Hey!

Not an expert, but I would think that garlic first thing in the morning and the probiotic with a small afternoon snack would be optimal. As to the probitotic, my favorite is PB8, a relatively cheap, extremely effective probiotic that says gluten free right on the bottle!

Hey!

Not an expert, but I would think that garlic first thing in the morning and the probiotic with a small afternoon snack would be optimal. As to the probitotic, my favorite is PB8, a relatively cheap, extremely effective probiotic that says gluten free right on the bottle!

Awesome, thanks! :-)