lynn_123

Biopsy Results

Rate this topic

Everyone has been so kind to offer help, I wanted to give you an update on my biopsy results.

The biopsy showed eczema/atopic dermatitis and the immunofluorescent staining was neg for DH. HOWEVER, my dermatologist was very kind in dicussing this with me and said even though I did not test positive specifically for a gluten allergy, I may feel better leaving gluten off.

Apparently my skin is reacting to the antibodies floating around in my bloodstream from my Hashimoto's thyroiditis. (Yes, I did test positive on an antithyroid antibody test.) Apparently when the immune system is revved up, any protein ingested may appear as an invader and aggravate the eczema.

In addition to that, apparently there is a thyroid-gluten connection and I found an article tonight that I've printed for the notebook I've begun. It holds information to help me help myself. I would love to reverse my Hashimoto's but I was so very, very sick (cannot stress that enough) and my TSH had risen to 43 over a period of 10 months, I am happy to be on levothyroxine right now.

http://www.healthegoods.com/natural-health...-treatment.html

I hope it's okay to link that article.

In addition, in case anyone visits this, I am living proof that hypothyroidism can cause a raging, severely itchy eczema that resembles DH, and I've always had very good skin.

Thanks,

Lynn