Diva1

Back To The Chat Room

Rate this topic

Hi

I havent been on the chat for a while, my doctor put me back on regular diet because my celiac test was negative..well after 3 weeks i got dramaticaly worst and really in pain..but he did agree that i could be intolerant to gluten without the celiac desease..so back to gluten free and in a week already feeling much better but not 100% ..

then i went lactose free and thats were i saw the difference....

Is it seen often that lactose intolerence is associated with gluten intolerance.

one more question..i glutenned myself bad two nights ago...ouch bad bad epi pain and abd pain. can my belly be tender for a few days after being glutenned.....i'm not in a lot of pain now but just a queasy feeling and sensitive to press on my belly.....anyone...

thanks for listening

this is the best forum its done good for me

Diva :)

For some, the effects of a glutening can last for a week or more, so yes, your response is normal. Hope you feel better soon.

The coeliac test is not accurate. Did you get a gene test at all? I believe the DQ2 and DQ 8 genes are the two that must be present in order for you to be suffering from celiac disease

One of those two, plus some others recognized in Europe but not in the U.S. In the U.S. only DQ2 and DQ8 are tested for.