Rate this topic

I'm still learning as I go, do any of you know if Children's Triaminic Syrup, Day Time Cold and Cough is gluten-free or not???

My son has Celiac and also has Down syndrome and will not take the Triaminic Thin Strips. I typically have to force any medication down his throat so any help or suggestions on cold medicine for a 4 year old would be greatly appreicated!!!

I called Triaminic about a month ago. This is their gluten free list according to a phone representative:

Cough & Fever (Bubble gum)

Flu, Cough & Fever

Chest & Nasal Congestion

Cold & Allergy

Daytime Cold & Cough

Nighttime Cols & Cough

Thin Strips--Cold & Cough, Runny Nose... (He was talking so fast that I couldn't write the all the thin strips down so there are likely more that are gluten free. :rolleyes: )

Have you tried hiding it in applesauce, pudding, or flavored milk? Also, if you check around with little pharmacies you may be able to find one that can put it in a different form. We have one here that for no extra charge will put medicine in suckers and stuff. It's not chain drug store, it's an old fashioned pharmacy.

Good luck!

I'm still learning as I go, do any of you know if Children's Triaminic Syrup, Day Time Cold and Cough is gluten-free or not???

My son has Celiac and also has Down syndrome and will not take the Triaminic Thin Strips. I typically have to force any medication down his throat so any help or suggestions on cold medicine for a 4 year old would be greatly appreicated!!!

Gluten Free List from Tylenol: I contacted Triaminic last week when my daughter was sick. I did not get a good response. I did however get a good response from Tylenol Products. I'll attach the letter I got from them today, Oct 25th, 2009. Hope it helps. It is quite long and contains many different medicines.

Dear Ms. Perry: Thank you for contacting McNeil-PPC, Inc., makers of Children's TYLENOL