Swimmr

Chocolate Chip Cookie Surprise

Rate this topic

So for those who can have dairy, this is the most delicious dessert in the universe (to me and co-workers anyways).

What you need:

36 gluten free cookies...roughly a bit smaller than a cup coaster in diameter. I use Betty Crocker's gluten free chocolate chip cookies.

Milk

I large tub of cool whip

All you do is layer cookies and cool whip.

In a standard size dish that is 4 inches deep, you'll want 4 layers total.

Start with cookies for the bottom. Dip them in milk so they soften...otherwise they stay crunchy....not good. So one layer of cookie and then a layer of cool whip. Make sure the cookies are covered completely, but not more than 1/2 inch thick. Then another layer of dipped cookies...layer of cool whip. Save one or two cookies to crumble on top. If eating soon, just place in the fridge. If making for the next day, place in freezer. It thaws out in a short amount of time and guaranteed to please anyone who eats it!

Before my gluten/wheat problem, I planned to do this with oreos. I never was able to. I have yet to find a cookie comparable to oreos.

Good gawd...wish I had never read this...will dream about it all day! If you switched ice cream for cool whip you could have a delightful ice cream birthday cake.

Drool, drool, drool!!!!!

The cookies closest to oreos that I have found are Kinnikitoos. Not sure if I spelled it right but they are similar to oreos. I have tried many other brands and they never compare. I think my husband would go nuts for the oreo and ice cream version because cookies and cream is his favorite but since going gluten-free over 5 years ago I have not even made the attempt.

Yes I would love some oreos....kinikinnick...or however it's spelled turned me off their brand when I tried the pre-made bread. Yuck.

I will have to check out the oreo-like cookies they make, that is if my local whole foods can order it for me.

My dd would love this, maybe with some chocolate syrup drizzled on top! Her birthday is in 2 weeks, then the holidays. We have to try this soon... Thanks for sharing ;) Sounds fluffy and squishy...mmm!

I was thinking of ice cream too or beating in some cream cheese, she loves either and all! Maybe with a layer of pie filling...the ideas are endless! Or make a chocolate layer with the cream cheese, cool whip, cocoa and some powdered sugar. Nuts? Coconut? A layer of pudding? I only have a small cool whip but I have everything else and I can bake cookies to freeze ahead of time. Sounds easy!!

Fluffy dreaming here, sorry! I think I will surprise her with it on her 21st birthday coming up...Thanks so much!!!

My dd would love this, maybe with some chocolate syrup drizzled on top! Her birthday is in 2 weeks, then the holidays. We have to try this soon... Thanks for sharing ;) Sounds fluffy and squishy...mmm!

I was thinking of ice cream too or beating in some cream cheese, she loves either and all! Maybe with a layer of pie filling...the ideas are endless! Or make a chocolate layer with the cream cheese, cool whip, cocoa and some powdered sugar. Nuts? Coconut? A layer of pudding? I only have a small cool whip but I have everything else and I can bake cookies to freeze ahead of time. Sounds easy!!

Fluffy dreaming here, sorry! I think I will surprise her with it on her 21st birthday coming up...Thanks so much!!!

It's a base idea really. I've thought of all SORTS of ways to make it differently and adding things...I think adding chocolate syrup to the cool whip and using chocolate cake layers...MMmmm...

The possibilities are endless.

You're welcome! :) Glad I could help!