devo

Cc Question

Rate this topic

Hi,

I've been gluten free for a while, but trying to get more strict on avoiding cross contamination. I've bought all new pots, pans, and cooking utensils. I try to keep the kitchen fairly clean, but I live with a roommate who is not gluten free. The other day, she washed my blender, most likely with a cloth that has been used for cleaning everything. I've made smoothies with my blender since then, and I'm wondering if I've had some cross-contamination from her cleaning the blender. I've just realized how strict I need to be with the cc, and will need to talk with her about this, but could I get CC from her washing my non-gluten cooking items with a cloth that has been used on gluten items?

Thanks!

Maybe if you're very sensitive, but you mentioned smothies so that since the time you mentioned, you have been washing the blender. If you were reacting after you yourself washed it, then it doesn't sound like CC to me.

What were your symptoms?

Sorry, I meant that I used the blender after she washed it without cleaning it out myself.