soulcurrent

Need Help Explaining To My Boyfriend..

Rate this topic

As I understand it, the longer one goes without gluten the more intense symptoms of accidental glutening will be, yes? I was trying to explain this to my boyfriend earlier and was having trouble with it. What physically (in layman's terms) is going on to cause gluten to have such an effect later on?

As I understand it, the longer one goes without gluten the more intense symptoms of accidental glutening will be, yes? I was trying to explain this to my boyfriend earlier and was having trouble with it. What physically (in layman's terms) is going on to cause gluten to have such an effect later on?

When you correct the damage, the reintroduction of the damage is WAY worse then it ever was to begin with. The symptoms will be much worse. Have him imagine a nice smooth surface( I know intestines are not and have little villi) then if you eat gluten, the surface becomes extremely rough and passage becomes difficult. I am new to this and it was easy for my wife to understand, but my friends can be retarded and have no idea what the big deal is. Point is, we can cheat and we can go back and forth with gluten-free and Not gluten-free and really be uncomfortable. but at some point the damage will no longer be able to heal itself.

How him google the disease and learn as if he was diagnosed

Tell him it's the difference between getting a scratch on a brand new car, vs one on an old beater. Which scratch is going to bug you more?

Tell him it's the difference between getting a scratch on a brand new car, vs one on an old beater. Which scratch is going to bug you more?

LOL! I'll use that one.