Rate this topic

Has anyone on here taken Celexa, an SSRI antidepressant? I can't be too sure about this, but I get some of the gluten-related symptoms: my right forefinger swells up and I have the sniffles/runny nose. I do admit that the sniffles have pretty much gone away (and it IS a known side effect, I looked it up), but my swollen finger worries me.

Ironically, I mentally feel fine. Perhaps just because it's the med naturally doing its thing? I really have been less anxious, don't get as nervous, and it does help some of the brain fog. But I feel like I still get the crazy "highs" in moods, although do not feel as low any longer.

So, I don't know what to distinguish right now. I guess I just want to hear about your experience with either this SSRI in particular, or any others you've been on. And if you know of a gluten-free SSRI, that would be great...

Thanks...

**EDIT: P.S. I don't know why the topic name didn't come up in all caps...how confusing to read...**

**EDIT: P.S. I don't know why the topic name didn't come up in all caps...how confusing to read...**
Topic titles are automatically edited to prevent "shouting," so in each word all letters except the first are converted to lower case. This sometimes results in acronyms being rendered incorrectly.

Topic titles are automatically edited to prevent "shouting," so in each word all letters except the first are converted to lower case. This sometimes results in acronyms being rendered incorrectly.

Ah...I see.

I was on Prozac for a number of years because I have extreme PMS. I gradually took myself off from this because it caused sleep problems and my restless legs to be worse. If you want to look for something more natural, what I have found that helps ME is the Herb St. John's Wort. It works for me just as well as the SSRI's. In fact, case studies show that it works just as well as prescription ssri's for those with mild depression. So if you find you do not like Celexa you may want to consider this herb in the future. The only side effect that I get is I have to wear sunscreen because of the increased photosensitivity that it can cause for some people. I do not take it all the time, just during the 2 weeks prior to my cycle starting and it does make me feel more energized and no fog.