This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Supplements I Was Talking Before Getting Sick

Nadia2009

Nadia2009 Enthusiast

Hi there,

I am not going to say the brand name but here are the ingredients. It is a long list but when you finish reading, tell me if that was too much. And it was supposed to be a cleansing product but I never finished, I got scared of overdose.

Carotene)

18,750 IU

375%

Vitamin B-1 (as Thiamine HCl)

37.5 mg

2500%

Vitamin B-2 (Riboflavin)

37.5 mg

2205%

Vitamin B-3 (Niacin) (as Niacinamide)

37.5 mg

188%

Vitamin B-5 (Pantothenic Acid)

37.5 mg

375%

Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCl)

37.5 mg

1875%

Vitamin B-9 (Folic Acid)

600 mcg

150%

Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin)

150 mcg

2500%

Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate)

375mg

625%

Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)

150 IU

38%

Vitamin E (as d-alpha Succinate)

150 IU

500%

Vitamin K (from Green Foods)

52.5 mcg

68%

Biotin

75 mcg

25%

Calcium (from Ascorbate, Carbonate, Citrate)

75 mg

8%

Magnesium (from Citrate, Oxide)

75 mg

20%

Iodine (from Kelp)

112.5mcg

75%

Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)

37.5 mcg

53%

Zinc (from Zinc Picolinate)

11.3 mg

75%

Copper (from Amino Acid Chelate)

375 mcg

20%

Manganese (from Amino Acid Chelate)

3.8 mg

190%

Chromium (from Chromium Picolinate)

75 mcg

60%

Molybdenum (from Amino Acid Chelate)

37.5 mcg

50%

Potassium (from Potassium Chloride)

19 mg

<1%

Boron (from Amino Acid Chelate)

0.75 mg

Vanadium (from Amino Acid Chelate)

3.75 mcg

Barley Grass (Organically Grown)

188 mg

Spirulina (U.S. Grown)

188 mg

Chlorella (Broken Cell Wall)

75 mg

Wheat Grass (Organically Grown)

75 mg

Alfalfa Juice Concentrate (leaf)

75 mg

Panax Ginseng (5% Ginsenosides)

75 mg

Green Tea Extract (40% Catechins)

37.5 mg

Chlorophyll (from Green Foods)

6 mg

Citrus Bioflavonoids

37.5 mg

Rutin

19 mg

Choline (from Choline Bitartrate)

37.5 mg

Inositol

37.5 mg

PABA

22.5 mg

Amylase (20,000 USP units)

7.5 mg

Bromelain (2,000 GDU from Pineapple)

37.5 mg

Lipase (3,400 USP units)

19 mg

Papain (140 MCU from Papaya)

19 mg

Pepsin Enzymes (NF 1:10000)

19 mg

Amino Acids (from Green Foods)

263 mg

Trace Mineral Concentrate

75 mg

--------------------------

Vitamin C (from Calcium Ascorbate)

640mg

1067%

Vitamin B1

25mg

1665%

Calcium (from Calcium Ascorbate)

160mg

16%

Zinc (gluconate)

20mg

130%

Selenium (AA)

50mcg

70%

Magnesium (oxide)

50mg

10%

Proprietary Blend

1100mg

EDTA (Calcium Disodium)

Silymarin (from Milk Thistle)

L-Methionine

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC)

L-Glutathione

------------------------

Lactobacillus acidophilus

2.4 billion

Lactobacillus casei

1.2 billion

Lactobacillus rhamnosus

1.2 billion

Lactobacillus salivarius

1.2 billion

Bifidobacterium bifidum

400 million

Bifidobacterium lactis

400 million

Bifidobacterium longum

400 million

Streptococcus thermophilus

800 million

Total minimum microorganisms 8.0 billion *

*Percent Daily Value (DV) not established.

For some reason, I used to often forget the probiotics.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I wouldn't worry about the levels of vitamins in this product but I would worry a great deal about the fact that it has both barley and wheat in it. You were wise to stop taking it if you are gluten intolerant or celiac.

Nadia2009 Enthusiast
I wouldn't worry about the levels of vitamins in this product but I would worry a great deal about the fact that it has both barley and wheat in it. You were wise to stop taking it if you are gluten intolerant or celiac.

I stopped because I didn't know I was doing too much over the daily dose for these vitamins and minerals that are not water soluble. At the time, I didn't know I had any type of intolerance. I just knew I craved certain food and could eat it at any time of the day. I am not diagnosed but I know there is something going on. I just wonder how much my supplements could have hidden if I had malabsorption since I don't have many deficiencies. I have been taking vit D 1000 iu, vit B complex 50, vit C 1000mg, Calcium 1100mg and Magnesium 450mg for years (except for the vit D for only 1.5 year). And on the top of that, I started doing my weird cleanse with my heavy supplements and did for about a month. I never go without calcium/mag and vit B since I know their value and function on sleep, stress and muscles.

calico jo Rookie
I stopped because I didn't know I was doing too much over the daily dose for these vitamins and minerals that are not water soluble. At the time, I didn't know I had any type of intolerance. I just knew I craved certain food and could eat it at any time of the day. I am not diagnosed but I know there is something going on. I just wonder how much my supplements could have hidden if I had malabsorption since I don't have many deficiencies. I have been taking vit D 1000 iu, vit B complex 50, vit C 1000mg, Calcium 1100mg and Magnesium 450mg for years (except for the vit D for only 1.5 year). And on the top of that, I started doing my weird cleanse with my heavy supplements and did for about a month. I never go without calcium/mag and vit B since I know their value and function on sleep, stress and muscles.

Go get yourself a book regarding what amounts of supplements/vitamins, etc you should be taking and for what. I suggest "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC. I refer to it all the time.

Regarding the wheat grass, etc. I was shocked to see a powder mix (can't recall what brand) that stated "gluten free" on the front then listed wheat grass and barley grass as ingredients. I need to look further into whether those in "grass" form are free from the gluten.

....Actually I may sit here with my book and look over your list item by item and tell you what my book says.

• 4 weeks later...
Nadia2009 Enthusiast
Go get yourself a book regarding what amounts of supplements/vitamins, etc you should be taking and for what. I suggest "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC. I refer to it all the time.

Regarding the wheat grass, etc. I was shocked to see a powder mix (can't recall what brand) that stated "gluten free" on the front then listed wheat grass and barley grass as ingredients. I need to look further into whether those in "grass" form are free from the gluten.

....Actually I may sit here with my book and look over your list item by item and tell you what my book says.

Sorry for the late reply but until today I didn't know how to find my topics. I just realized how. Thanks for your reply. Wheat and barley grass can be gluten free because the grass doesn't contain the protein gluten. I am taking wheat grass this week to help me with candida alkalize and get some good enzymes. If they don't say gluten free it would be from contamination.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Sorry for the late reply but until today I didn't know how to find my topics. I just realized how. Thanks for your reply. Wheat and barley grass can be gluten free because the grass doesn't contain the protein gluten. I am taking wheat grass this week to help me with candida alkalize and get some good enzymes. If they don't say gluten free it would be from contamination.

They may not contain the protein but many of us react to them. If you are diagnosed or gluten free you may find the wheat grass makes you ill. That should be the first thing you drop if you notice an increase in symptoms.

If you do a board seach using wheat grass as the term there are many posts and some may have links to info on it. It is not something advised despite it's supposed gluten free statis.

Archived