Amber M

Gluten Ataxia Attack

Rate this topic

Hi folks, I am just coming out of an ataxia attack, knowing I have not touched gluten. I had to take another round of Azithromycin for my gums. I had just a week previous to that started on a large amount of Probiotics for the yeast overgrowth I was already having. On day 5 (last day of antibiotic pak) I came down with the worse case of ataxia yet. I couldn't stand on my own for 2 days and had all my other neurological symptoms as well. Scared the _____ of of me!

I read up on the "Yeast Die Off" info as well as the Antibiotic side effects. I also read that the yeast's outer cell shell gives off a protien similar to gluten and can cause a gluten reaction.

What do you think? Think it was to whole thing combined? My father and brother have gone off the deep end and think it's the water from my well now, but I really think it's this yeast mess.....

Are you absolutely postive that antibiotic was gluten free? If it was generic just because it was gluten free before when you took it doesn't mean it was this time.

Are you absolutely postive that antibiotic was gluten free? If it was generic just because it was gluten free before when you took it doesn't mean it was this time.

Ya, it was gluten free. I had just recently had an attack before the antibiotics too. I am sure I ate no gluten. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I did not get emailed for some reason. Still slowly coming out of it now.