munchkinette

Gravy Recipe?

Rate this topic

Does anyone have a good turkey gravy recipe? I don't know if I will be able to get drippings, so something with broth would be good.

I tried Trader Joe's gluten-free gravy last year, and thought it was disgusting.

Does anyone have a good turkey gravy recipe? I don't know if I will be able to get drippings, so something with broth would be good.

I tried Trader Joe's gluten-free gravy last year, and thought it was disgusting.

For turkey, or any gravy for that matter, I add sweet rice flour to the fat in the roasting pan (after pouring off any drippings). I cook that for a few minutes then slowly add stock (chicken or turkey - I usually make stock from the turkey bones and freeze, so that I have stock for the next turkey. I also throw the neck in a small pot with water and make a small amount of stock for the gravy with it). Slowly add the stock, stirring until you get the thickness you want. Taste to see if you need to add any salt.

I don't know why I didn't see this until just now. Daughter loves turkey in gravy over mashed potatoes. I use canned turkey. I pour the turkey and liquid in a large, deep skillet, then add some sweet rice flour and stir it in while heating. I then add some turkey broth and heat through. I imagine you could do the same without the turkey. You'd probably need to add a little oil or butter for richness. Probably start out heating your flour with the oil or butter then slowly whisking in the broth.