AKcollegestudent

Need Restaurants In The Queens, Ny Area

Rate this topic

I'm heading to New York with a friend for Thanksgiving, and because the food situation's...let's just say "iffy" and leave it at that, I'm hoping to find restaurants that I can grab food at. Decent pricing is preferable given that I'm a broke college student. He lives in Queens, in Elmhurst.

I can, with directions, navigate the subway to most places, but I'm going to be wandering on my own for most of the break and I'd prefer not to get too incredibly lost. (Or in strange and slightly menacing places. I did that the last time I went to New York. And London. And Chicago...Okay, I suddenly realize why my friends have rules regarding me and exploring new places...)

Anyone got advice or suggestions for me? I'm headed out Tuesday evening and will be there through Sunday.

Probably a small number of chains out there and in neighboring nassau county that would cater to you. There must at least be an outback in queens. If all hope is lost hop the E train to Manhattan and transfer to 6 train uptown (first stop in Manhattan). A stop or two on the 6 train will drop you off in a neighborhood with several dining options, in the east 70s area of manhattan.

There's an Outback Steak House in Elmhurst at 88-01 Queens Blvd, although their website says that they'll be closed on Thanksgiving Day. I supposed you could pick up something the day before and reheat it.

If you're willing to ride on the subway for 30 minutes or so, there's a ton of great restaurants in Manhattan that accomodate the gluten free diet. You can find some recommendations by searching this group or checking out http://www.celiacchicks.com

Regards,

Ted (in NY)