Diva1

Glutened By Meds...upsetting..:(

Rate this topic

Hi,

After being so carefull with my diet and DOING well....Iwas having belly pains and D...I could not put my finger on what was causing this....

Then bingo taking anaprox (anti inflamation) for joint pain....and looked the medication and it contains GLUTEN....well I'm so angry and upset...I do usually ok when i gluten myself with foods that you can backtrack but this really got me down....there is no end to this gluten thing...sorry for venting

I just needed moral support....and i know this forum is my comfort....

DIVa

Hi,

After being so carefull with my diet and DOING well....Iwas having belly pains and D...I could not put my finger on what was causing this....

Then bingo taking anaprox (anti inflamation) for joint pain....and looked the medication and it contains GLUTEN....well I'm so angry and upset...I do usually ok when i gluten myself with foods that you can backtrack but this really got me down....there is no end to this gluten thing...sorry for venting

I just needed moral support....and i know this forum is my comfort....

DIVa

hello DIVa,

I am right there with you. It is terrible to be glutened by your medication, been there and done that -several times <_<

Doc's told me it was gluten free, and low and behold, they weren't. Typical uh? nothing against doctors but it's been frustrating trying to find doctors who know this disease and what it entails. Anyway, hope the fog dissipates soon and the pain lessens.

Anna

yeah, I was taking all kinds of supplements and finally realized they could be part of my problem so I called all the manufacturers. Some TRIED to give good info and other's didn't. I came away just scared of all them. None of them were prescriptions, just supplements. But I finally happened on Kirkman Labs and they have alot of products that are allergen-free, including gluten. If you need supplements I highly recommend www.kirkmanlabs.com. But you have me thinking about prescriptions now, and I am taking 3 that I never considered. sigh. This never does end, does it?