Mama Ruthies

Costco Kirkland Products

Rate this topic

We have picked up some things from Costco and are thrilled to find Lundberg rice and numerous other organic items there. Are any of you familiar as to the gluten status of Costco's Kirkland brand? I did call their customer service number and was told that they don't have gluten in products unless listed but I'm not so sure how much the guy I spoke with actually knew about gluten.

Do you know if they specifically state gluten free or if things are gluten free unless they state a gluten containing item? Just wondering if any one has any insight.

Thanks!

not sure what products specifically you are talking about. We shop Costco ALL the time---they get WAY too much of our money. But I've never had problems with stuff being "hidden" or undeclared. I have been disappointed to find milk products in some things, since I'm also very dairy-intolerant also, but they've always said it on the labels. Now, I have NOT tried their pharmacy or drug area. But if they list ingredients to things, I would tend to believe them. They seem to strive for excellence, imo.

We got their ice cream (heavenly!!) which states vanilla---want to make sure it's gluten free. I do have a call into them. Also got their organic salsa and some of their spices. We really don't want to take any chances with our son.

I am thrilled to find another source for gluten free things (and organic items). Unfortunately, the closest Costco is 1.5 hours away, although their is one where we visit family once a month so we'll be stocking up.

Good to know that they are open on their labels.

Thanks!