missenorita

Does Anyone Know A Good Thai Recipe?

Rate this topic

Hi!

I was invited into a cooking club where my girlfriends and I will make themed dishes for each other and exchange recipes.

I want to bring a dish that I can enjoy healthily and still be a part of the theme.

Does anyone have a good Thai recipe?

Thanks! Kate

I'm not sure about the authenticity of this recipe (actually... I'm pretty darn sure it isn't even close to authentic :P ) but I've made this recipe a few times for my lunches and its tasty :

Thai Chicken Wraps

I've also started playing around with Thai recipes - since being diagnosed, my sense of adventure in food has been forced to rapidly expand. So many other cultures have wonderful foods that DON'T have to be messed with to make safe. Just figuring out that if I look at countries where wheat isn't such a big deal has helped enormously!

The site A Taste of Thai that is connected with the company of the same name has some GREAT ideas and recipes as well. Granted, its based off of using their products.... but since a great deal of their products are gluten free naturally, that can be seen as a big perk! I'm slowly working my way through the recipes, and have to say I haven't hit a dud yet! (my husband is in 7th heaven these days. His lunch has to be guarded at work OR I have to pack extras for the circling vultures)

Hope this helps. Your cooking club sounds like a ton of fun - I'm rather jealous. Let everyone know what you end up making?

Thank you for the recipe and the website! The recipe sounds delicious and I can't wait to try it. I will make it and let you know how it goes!

Thanks again, Kate

Pad Thai is one the the easiest, a naturally gluten free. It uses rice noodles and the sauce is made with fish sauce, no soy sauce in the authentic recipes. You can find recipes for it all over the place, from google to food network. It is really easy to make, just be sure to soak the rice noodles in warm water for at least 30 mins before using them otherwise they are hard to work with.

The skinless gyoza's are awesome made them for dinner tonight!! In the past I've made Thai corn cakes subbing the flour called for with gluten-free flour and cucumber salad. I just googled to find recipes.

Kate, Did you go to your Cooking Club yet? How did it go and what recipe did you bring?