purple

Date Nut Crunch Cookies

Rate this topic

This recipe was enclosed with my power bill, I haven't tried it yet but it sure sounds good and easy too! ;)

Date Nut Crunch Cookies

1 cup pitted and chopped dates

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter

1 egg, beaten

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

2 cups crisp rice cereal

1 cup flaked coconut

In a medium saucepan, stir together dates, sugar, butter and egg. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thick. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, then nuts and crisp rice cereal. When the mixture cools enough to handle, roll teaspoon size balls in coconut, gently patting the coconut onto sides of balls.

Tis the season for making cookies!

Plz post your results...thanks!

Can't wait to try this......I have a box of Erewhon rice cereal on hand, and have a potluck/happy hour occasion coming up next week. Someone had previously brought some date rolls.....dates rolled in coconut, and they went over very well....and I could eat them!! In fact, I did eat most of them. People here know about my issues with food, and try to accomodate me, but alas, with multiple food allergies, it isn't that easy and they just don't understand! I bring a dish for others, and bring my own plate of food.

My MIL has made these for years. They are really delicious and improve with age.

Be sure and let the date mixture come to a full boil and cook for a few minutes. If you don't, they don't set up well.

They are my DH's favorites. ;)

My MIL has made these for years. They are really delicious and improve with age.

Be sure and let the date mixture come to a full boil and cook for a few minutes. If you don't, they don't set up well.

They are my DH's favorites. ;)

Thanks for the tip! Do you think the recipe would work with Rice Chex, broken a little?

They will work with those. My MIL has done that in the past when I ran short on Rice Krispies.

I don't know if others have cooked with dates before, but they really break up in the mixture. You have to keep the mixture moving or it will scorch very easily.

She has done just coconut or just nuts, too.

She'll be tickled when I tell her this old family favorite is making the rounds again.

They will work with those. My MIL has done that in the past when I ran short on Rice Krispies.

I don't know if others have cooked with dates before, but they really break up in the mixture. You have to keep the mixture moving or it will scorch very easily.

She has done just coconut or just nuts, too.

She'll be tickled when I tell her this old family favorite is making the rounds again.

Thanks for the tips...I am one that hasn't cooked dates before :huh:

I just pulled these off the stove. They are AMAZING!!!!