sue1234

New, Here Are My Labs...

Rate this topic

I have SEVERE abdominal bloating. I twist and turn to get burps up. I get sooo short of breath when I am having a severe bloating episode. Does that sound like a typical celiac symptom??? Does it get that bad for others?? I get so bloated, I look 7 months pregnant.

I had labs done and just had an endoscopy done, where the doctor said everything looked "good". I did have multiple biopsies done and will probably hear back on those by the end of this week. I had all these tests done, with results:

IgG 1219 (700-1600)

IgA 132 (70-400)

IgM 46 (40-230)

Deaminated Gliadin Abs, IgA 45.4(0-10)

"" "" "" , IgG 1.0 (0-10)

Carbohydrate Antigen 19-9 11 (0-35)

tTG (IgA) 0 (0-3)

tTG (IgG) 1 (0-3)

From what I've read, the "big" test is the tTG, and I showed negative. However, I did show positive for the gliadin. Anyone speculate what that means?

sue1234

There is a huge variability in the symptoms people have so yours may or may not be from celiac. If I understand right each of these tests measure different parts of your body reacting and there are different subtypes of gliadins in different types of wheat. Since you've already done the testing you could try a gluten free diet or even a multiple food elimination diet for a couple weeks and see if that helps. Even if it seems not to help you will want to pay attention to how you feel when you reintroduce wheat and other foods after eliminating them for awhile. It isn't unusual to have sensitivities to several foods, especially when first diagnosed. Hope this helps.

I have high Gliadin, but everything else negative (Gliadin in the 80's), which gave me the diagnosis of non-celiac gluten-intolerant. I am very, very sensitive to gluten (see symptoms in my signature).

There is good reading about this in a book entitled HEALTHIER WITHOUT WHEAT. You may want to read it -- it helped me understand a little better.