This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ulcerative Colitis?

Helena

Helena Contributor

wondering if anyone here has ulcerative colitis in addition to celiac. I was diagnosed with celiac first. the UC has been diagnosed for about 1 year. I've never been 100% in remission, but I've been doing okay with Asacol. Now it looks like prednisone will be in my very immediate future :(

• 1 month later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

willabec Contributor

wondering if anyone here has ulcerative colitis in addition to celiac. I was diagnosed with celiac first. the UC has been diagnosed for about 1 year. I've never been 100% in remission, but I've been doing okay with Asacol. Now it looks like prednisone will be in my very immediate future :(

hi, can i ask what your symptoms are? i was diagnosed with celiac about 8 years ago...been on a gluten-free diet since. but for the past year or so, i have been having "stomach" "bowel" problems. had some blood testing done to check levels for celiac...all within normal range. gi dr. is treating me for a pancreatic insufficiency with creon. it seemed to have been working a few months ago and now it seems to not be working as much. i think i have colitis so i am curious as to what your symptoms are? i know from some internet surfing that people with celiac can also be disposed to have pancreatic issues, colitis, etc.

Archived