Helena

Ulcerative Colitis?

Rate this topic

wondering if anyone here has ulcerative colitis in addition to celiac. I was diagnosed with celiac first. the UC has been diagnosed for about 1 year. I've never been 100% in remission, but I've been doing okay with Asacol. Now it looks like prednisone will be in my very immediate future :(

wondering if anyone here has ulcerative colitis in addition to celiac. I was diagnosed with celiac first. the UC has been diagnosed for about 1 year. I've never been 100% in remission, but I've been doing okay with Asacol. Now it looks like prednisone will be in my very immediate future :(

hi, can i ask what your symptoms are? i was diagnosed with celiac about 8 years ago...been on a gluten-free diet since. but for the past year or so, i have been having "stomach" "bowel" problems. had some blood testing done to check levels for celiac...all within normal range. gi dr. is treating me for a pancreatic insufficiency with creon. it seemed to have been working a few months ago and now it seems to not be working as much. i think i have colitis so i am curious as to what your symptoms are? i know from some internet surfing that people with celiac can also be disposed to have pancreatic issues, colitis, etc.