kaki_clam

Eye Sight And Headaches...

Rate this topic

I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old...now 33....since going gluten free 4 months ago, i have noticed an increased amount of headaches when i am in bright light areas, and i am also noticing a difference in my eye sight. I just got a new prescription for my lenses 6 months ago (2 months prior to going gluten free) ..is it possible that these changes are due to my diet change? My insurance isn't great, so before I head to the eye doctor, I thought I would check in here to see if anyone else has experienced a change in vision after going gluten free.

I would have to say yes and no. My problem with my eyes pre-gluten-free was that after some time on my computer my right eye would not readjust to distance vision for several hours (or until after a nap). I have virtually no trouble with it now except when I am recovering from exposure to one of my sensitivities (gluten or nightshades). I have also noticed that my night vision is greatly improved. I have not, however, had any eyestrain type headaches that would signify that my prescription needed adjusting.

I would think that it would be worth a vision checkup if the headaches persist, but at 4 months gluten-free it is also possible that other hidden food sensitivities could be coming to the fore and causing them. A food log/diary might help pinpoint whether that is a possibility for you.

I have worn glasses since I was 8 years old...now 33....since going gluten free 4 months ago, i have noticed an increased amount of headaches when i am in bright light areas, and i am also noticing a difference in my eye sight. I just got a new prescription for my lenses 6 months ago (2 months prior to going gluten free) ..is it possible that these changes are due to my diet change? My insurance isn't great, so before I head to the eye doctor, I thought I would check in here to see if anyone else has experienced a change in vision after going gluten free.

Are you having any other symptoms? I astarted noticing a change in my eyesite and it progressed to numbness and tingling in my nose and lips. My calves were also 'buzzing" and humming, it was the strangest feeling I ever had. Basically I think with our condition we really need to keep an eye on our electrolytes. So, i don't know if the Celiac is a part of your problem or not. But I know my eyesite was really bad(distance-wise) until i was treated and given supplements for the imbalance.

Are you having any other symptoms? I astarted noticing a change in my eyesite and it progressed to numbness and tingling in my nose and lips. My calves were also 'buzzing" and humming, it was the strangest feeling I ever had. Basically I think with our condition we really need to keep an eye on our electrolytes. So, i don't know if the Celiac is a part of your problem or not. But I know my eyesite was really bad(distance-wise) until i was treated and given supplements for the imbalance.