Googles

What Do You Eat When Sick?

Rate this topic

I was wondering what people eat when they are sick (but not from gluten). The foods I used to eat are no longer okay to eat. All I have in my cupboards for when I am sick is a couple of boxes of jello. What else should I add? I live alone so I need to be prepared before I get sick. Thanks for the help.

I woke up with the sniffles and coughing today, so I made some Mom's Penicillin: Chicken soup!

I made homemade broth: chicken breasts, carrots, onions, celery, salt and pepper

Then I shredded the chicken and took out the chunks of veggies, and added chopped carrots, onions, celery and turnips. Once the veggies were done, I added Quinoa macaroni. It was divine. I made a big batch and then put it in ziploc freezer bags for next time. I took the noodles out before freezing.

Soooo good!

I also make chicken soup, but a little easier. Water, chopped up chicken breast, rice, diced carrots, diced onion, and boullion. You can get as homemade or as "buy the ingredients ready to go" as you want in most of the cases.

I love hot chicken soup when I don't feel well. If I don't feel up to making it (and don't have any in the freezer) I always keep some Pacific Foods Chicken Broth in the pantry. The individual serving boxes are nice to put into a mug and microwave.

Glutino makes a cracker that is very good to go with or to nibble on if your stomach is iffy.

Greek yogurt with honey is nutritious, creamy, and easy on a sore throat. :)