soberose1

Iga~Antibodies, Should They Be There At All?

Rate this topic

Both my kids had there blood drawn last week after my DX. My oldest came back @ 3.1 youngest @ 1.6 for the IgA. Ped told me anything under 15 is normal.. But isnt this the one that is ONLY present IF there is an immune reaction? I know that I am smeared with MISINFO and Dr. GReen's book cant get here fast enough... ( mom did flip thru for me but said she couldnt find anything about levels or tests.)

So I am wondering everyone's take on the levels ~is it true that this is normal? I am pretty sure I read something to the extent that this sHOULD NOT BE THERE..but I could be just freaking out :0)

THanks!!!

The test is not perfect. Even if there are zero antibodies present, a non-zero result is not only normal, it is to be expected.

Both my kids had there blood drawn last week after my DX. My oldest came back @ 3.1 youngest @ 1.6 for the IgA. Ped told me anything under 15 is normal.. But isnt this the one that is ONLY present IF there is an immune reaction? I know that I am smeared with MISINFO and Dr. GReen's book cant get here fast enough... ( mom did flip thru for me but said she couldnt find anything about levels or tests.)

So I am wondering everyone's take on the levels ~is it true that this is normal? I am pretty sure I read something to the extent that this sHOULD NOT BE THERE..but I could be just freaking out :0)

THanks!!!

My daughter was diagnosed with celiac at beginning of oct. we did her testing and her tTG test was 161. today it is 7.5 !! im not sure what her IgA was but im sure it was alot higher than 15. I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Our son's number was over 100 when diagnosed. Recently came back at 3. The doctor was thrilled, as were we.